Shortened week due to July 4th.
- DOM (Document Object Model) – concept of nodes, parents, siblings, children
- WebKit – how it works in the browser, features
- Rails for Zombies – fun course on Code School
- CRUD (create, read, update, delete/destroy)
- Rails – beginning concepts
- for and while loops
- using w/ HTML
- jQuery – John Resig is crazy impressive; like SQL for a webpage :)
- Foundation – like Bootstrap, a beautiful frontend framework
- How to install Node.js
- Rails Tutorial – Michael Hartl’s AWESOME video+PDF tutorial
- Refcardz – solid, free cheatsheets for topics like jQuery, Ajax, Git
If you’re learning to program (or already know your shit), please reach out! Always looking to discover more tips & tools & tricks/learn how others are doing it.
Click here to read about the daily habits that I track and why.