Here are some movies I’ve seen, and my thoughts on them. I watch too many movies/TV shows, and figured it would be slightly less embarassing if I actually created some content instead of just consuming stuff all the time.
Concepts I’ll play around with: sharing 10 thoughts from each movie, doing an X-meets-Y
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon – Chinese better now, appreciate more, Zhang Ziyi prettier than I remembered!
- Gladiator – can always watch again, so many good quotes: “You would have been strong. I wonder…would you have been just?”
- Dances With Wolves – Kevin Costner good, Graham Greene awesome!
- Taxi Driver – young Robert De Niro, need I say more, ok I will say that it is bloodier than I expected
- Silent Hill – didn’t finish
- That Girl We Used To Chase Together (那些年我们一起追的女孩) – enjoyed, but generally dislike movies with regretful endings
- Cocktail – young Tom Cruise, same smile and hair
- End of Watch – really good for being the trillionth inter-racial cop movie
- Headhunters – different, want to go to Scandinavia!
- Lincoln – Spielberg has forgotten how to take risks, DDL saves the day
- Shawshank Redemption – should have beaten Gump at the Oscars
- Terminator 2 – da dum dum da dum…da dum dum da dum…
- True Romance – soundtrack carries it, and dude is Patricia Arquette cute
- Wreck-It Ralph – fun, John Reilly is great casting