Random, but simple and insightful and (a little) funny:
Here’s the first monthly performance review I did, back in November. I got lazy in December and January. The goal is to think consciously about how I’m spending my personal time.
What I did well:
- Wrote in my journal daily, even if just a sentence or two
- Finished some great books (SPARK, The Big Miss, The Talent Zone). More details here
- Went to Argentina (details here) and Brazil for Carnaval (details coming), which was awesome
- Wrote some random blog posts, like thoughts on love
- Started consistently running every week, only 2-3 miles/time, but hopefully that will increase
- Got to see a lot of great friends before leaving for Shanghai :)
Didn’t do well:
- Only published one Good Life guide, “Good Without God” (although there are 3 in the queue!)
- Meditation was inconsistent, I probably skipped 1 out of every 3 days. As Clay Christensen says: it’s easier to hold to your principles 100 percent of the time than it is to hold to them 98 percent of the time.
What I need to do better in March:
- Publish more Good Life guides! (target is 5)
- Really explore Shanghai and take advantage of my time here
- Study Chinese! Anyone know a good tutor? :)
- Continue running regularly…maybe I’ll join a running club. Target is 15 miles/week
That’s it, folks.
What did you do well in February? What goals do you have in March? Let me know how I can help!
Click here to read about the daily habits that I track and why.