Here are 5 recent articles I enjoyed:
- Old article and my site may get blacklisted in China as a result, but former China Premier Wen Jiabao’s extended family is worth $2B. Hats off to NYT on great investigative reporting and ohhh, China
- Beautifully written article on the tension between the pursuit of perfection and the management of one’s emotions featuring America’s favorite mercurial tennis player John McEnroe. I actually thought this famous outburst was overrated
- 2 great posts from a16z’s Scott Weiss (former IronPort CEO and cofounder) on underlooked aspects of being the CEO: the need for tough feedback on a personal and board level. I really enjoy Scott’s ability to write in an upbeat tone while sharing much-needed truths
- Chris Dixon with yet another short but thought-provoking piece on the macro-trend of digital content atomization. I’d add that, in such an environment, curation and synthesis become even more important (yes, that’s a self-serving remark :)
- I’ve been hearing the word “grit” a lot lately. First from Dr. Drew and now popping up everywhere. As a predictor of career success, it’s the “new IQ” among the social science crowd
Click here to read about the daily habits that I track and why.